Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Why I'm blogging

I am now into my 3rd year of my first call as a Lutheran pastor in an amazing congregation, and I am into my 4th year as a mom to two beautiful children. Both are full time calls that I attempt on a regular basis to balance and to not cheat either side....I fail, over and again, but I keep trying. I decided to start this blog because I found that I learn or experience something new and valuable (or at least quite humorous) every day between these two important roles. The funny thing is, it is my role as mommy which more often than not has a significant impact on my own understanding of my faith. I hope that this will provide entertainment as you take a sneak peak into my life, but that it will also be a place to help others to start seeing their faith and daily life connecting on a more regular basis.

Every time I'm driving in the car and have a ridiculously wonderful moment in conversation with my son, or I find myself shaking my head that I have yet again had my two major roles in life collide, I have wanted to have a means of sharing it with someone else. So whether I have one person faithfully follow this blog, or 500 people who check in now and again, I hope that through the antic of my daily life you will be inspired to look at your life and faith in a new way....and to share that with someone else!

To be honest, I have wanted to start this for MONTHS now, but never seem to find the right time (shocking). And now that I have sucked it up and started, I'm at a loss for a good anecdote to kick us off....guess you'll just have to check back in sometime soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment